Do you have a cavity? If so, you may be experiencing uncomfortable symptoms. Fortunately, we have a lifelike and dependable solution for our Garland, TX, patients with cavities. Let’ take a closer look at our tooth-colored dental fillings.
Try Our Quiz on Dental Fillings
- True or False: Toothaches may indicate cavities.
- True or False: Our fillings look natural.
- True or False: Placement only takes one visit.
- True or False: Treatment prevents infection.
- True. A cavity forms when injury or poor oral hygiene compromises the outer layer of tooth enamel. When bacteria reach the layers of dentin beneath the enamel, a cavity forms. Patients then experience tooth sensitivity and eventually, a toothache. If you have pain in your tooth, then see us as soon as possible for a diagnosis.
- True. In most cases, we treat a dental cavity with a natural looking filling. Made from a metal-free composite resin, the restoration stops the spread of decay and offers a lifelike appearance.
- True. We begin by removing any decay and then thoroughly cleaning the tooth. We apply the composite resin to the tooth, which we shade beforehand to match the surrounding tooth structure. We shape the tooth as the material cures under a light. We then polish the tooth of a more natural appearance. The entire process only takes one visit to complete!
- True. Without treatment, tooth decay continues to grow and spread until bacteria reaches the inner pulp. An infection then arises, leading to serious discomfort and without a root canal, a greater risk of tooth loss. If you notice any pain in or around your tooth, always let us know. If you have any questions about our lifelike fillings, or about treating tooth decay, then contact our team today.
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT REPAIRING DENTAL CAVITIES?
In a single visit we can place a lifelike and durable dental restoration. For more information, schedule a consultation by calling Mai Dentistry in Garland, TX, today at 972-530-0552. For our patients who don’t speak English, our office is fluent in both Spanish and Vietnamese.