Do you know when to expect us to suggest restorative dentistry for your smile? Are you even certain what this area of dental care is all about? For starters, we suggest restorative care when your smile is in need of help because your oral health is in decline – this may include physical injury or a problem like disease. See just how familiar you are with this type of care (or learn some additional details) with a quick but surprisingly informative quiz.
Restorative Dentistry Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: Restorative dentistry only includes treatments that repair very minor damage to your smile – such as chips and cracks.
- True or False: We offer a comprehensive selection of restorative treatments to ensure we can repair your smile, whether you’re dealing with damage, tooth decay, or tooth loss.
- True or False: We expect you to know when you need a restorative treatment – you should simply call us up and let us know which procedure you will require.
- False. Restorative dentistry includes treatments that make your smile “whole” again – it will restore your oral health, so your smile is functional, comfortable, and healthy. This can include anything from a chip that damages the health of your smile to serious decay.
- True. We offer dental crowns, dental fillings, tooth extractions, and tooth replacement solutions to address your needs.
- False. You will not know which treatment you require – nor can we make this decision over the phone. You will need to come in for a visit, which may include a visual examination of your smile as well as the use of digital X-rays for a more precise understanding of what’s happening with your oral structures. Then, we may determine the source of the problem and explain which treatment is best suited to repair the damage and restore your oral wellbeing.