You are aware that teeth whitening is a cosmetic treatment that can brighten your teeth. However, you may not be quite sure whether this treatment is for you. Rather than relying on what you can dig up online or what friends or family members tell you, we encourage you to learn more from us – the dental professionals. Find out the answers to your most pressing questions to determine whether whitening is well-suited to your needs.
About Your Smile
Is the visible portion of your smile composed of your natural teeth? If so, you likely make a wonderful candidate for teeth whitening. Bleaching gel is formulated to work on natural teeth. However, if your smile is composed of prosthetics like crowns or a dental bridge, or if you have veneers, you may need to speak with us about alternative solutions that will guide you toward a beautiful white smile.
Your Types of Staining
We find that some patients aren’t sure whether we can treat their particular types of stains. Remember, we encourage you to ask questions, so we can do our best to find an appropriate treatment. Fortunately, teeth whitening typically works on most types of stains, which may include:
- Stains from aging
- Stains from tobacco use
- Discoloration as a side effect of certain medications, like antibiotics
- Yellowing or discoloration from staining foods or beverages, like tea or coffee
Patients often feel excited at the prospect of teeth whitening but worried about negative things they have heard. Look over the following explanations so you feel confident about whitening:
- Contrary to popular belief, our formulas are created to reduce sensitivity and to strengthen your teeth
- Typically older teens and most adults make good candidates for treatment, so if you’re an adult, you likely qualify
- You will achieve a noticeably whiter smile – our systems provide dramatic results that you will feel excited about once the treatment is complete
ABOUT YOUR GARLAND DENTIST:
Dr. Vi Mai and the caring staff at Mai Dentistry are dedicated to ensuring that our patients are proud of their beautiful, healthy smiles. With years of experience in general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry, we can expertly diagnose and treat early dental trouble to preserve your natural tooth structure. To learn more, or to schedule your next appointment, call us today at (972) 530-0552.