If you have a missing tooth (or two or three) then you may need a prosthetic. Often, our team uses a dental bridge to restore the health and function of our Garland, TX, patients’ smiles. In today’s blog, we’re using a fun and informative quiz to look at the different dental bridge options we use to improve oral health.
Try Our Quiz on Dental Bridges
- True or False: We have removable bridges.
- True or False: Our team can fix them in place.
- True or False: Occasionally, they can be held in place with dental implants.
- True or False: Replacing missing teeth helps improve oral health.
- True. A dental bridge replaces between one and three lost teeth. For some patients, we create a prosthetic that addresses these issues and can be removed for easy cleaning.
- True. We also have an option that will be held in place with crowns. The crowns are attached to the replacement teeth and then placed onto the natural teeth on either side of the gap in the smile. These remain firmly in place and cannot be removed for cleaning or maintenance. Both options employ lifelike materials, such as ceramic or zirconia, to create new teeth that look natural and blend with the rest of the smile.
- True. Instead of relying on crowns, we offer a fixed bridge that sits on dental implants. The dental implants will be inserted into the jawbone and bond with the tissue, acting as new tooth roots. The prosthetic will look natural and last longer than traditional removable or fixed bridges.
- True. Replacing your missing teeth prevents misalignment, reduces the risk of TMJ disorder and bruxism, and helps prevent patients from having trouble eating or speaking clearly.
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT DENTAL BRIDGES?
We have lifelike and dependable solutions to both minor and advanced cases of tooth loss. For more information, schedule a consultation by calling Mai Dentistry in Garland, TX, today at 972-530-0552. For our patients who don’t speak English, our office is fluent in both Spanish and Vietnamese.