Did you know that in some cases, removing a tooth is essential for keeping your smile healthy? When we remove a tooth, we refer to this procedure as an extraction. In today’s blog, we’re going to use a fun quiz to discuss the steps we take to ensure each extraction is a comfortable experience for our patients.
Try Our Quiz on Dental Extractions
- True or False: We can use sedation to help anxious patients.
- True or False: We may refer you to an oral surgeon.
- True or False: Removing teeth can protect your smile.
- True or False: We can replace some extracted teeth.
- True. We will work with a dental anesthesiologist to provide IV sedation, the deepest form of dental sedation available. The patient enters a very relaxed state and will have no memory of the procedure afterward. We do suggest having a friend or family member available to drive you home afterward.
- True. For the extraction process, we often remove the tooth ourselves in our own office. However, should the case be particularly complex, we may refer patients to a maxillofacial surgeon to remove the tooth.
- True. We can remove infected teeth before the infection reaches surrounding teeth. We can also address loose teeth due to periodontitis, or severely damaged teeth that are beyond traditional repair. We can also extract wisdom teeth before they erupt, helping patients avoid the infection, damage, and discomfort of an impacted wisdom tooth.
- True. A wisdom tooth won’t need replacement, same with a tooth removed to help with orthodontic treatment. However, we can discuss options to replace teeth we have to extract due to infection, damage, or gum disease. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office today.
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT DENTAL EXTRACTION?
At Mai Dentistry, we can perform safe and comfortable tooth removal to help you enjoy improved oral health. To learn more about our practice, or to schedule your next appointment, call our Garland, TX office today at (972) 530-0552. For our patients who don’t speak English, our office is fluent in both Spanish and Vietnamese.