We often urge patients with missing teeth to consider a replacement option. Addressing tooth loss early can help protect the appearance and stability of your smile. In today’s blog, we’re going to look at the benefits of dental implants and what we look for in a qualifying candidate. Are you ready to try dental implants?
Try Our Quiz on Dental Implants
- True or False: Gum disease can be a factor in your candidacy.
- True or False: We will assess the strength of your jawbone.
- True or False: We can address minor and advanced tooth loss.
- True or False: Your new teeth can last for decades.
- True. We will need to examine your smile for the presence of periodontal disease. If you have gum problem, we will need to treat them before moving forward. The advanced stage of gum disease, known as periodontitis, can actually lead to implant failure and adult tooth loss. Candidates should have healthy gum tissue.
- True. We will make sur you have a strong enough jawbone to support a new tooth. When we lose teeth, the body stops sending doses of calcium and phosphorus to the bone around the lost tooth, which can cause it to deteriorate. In some cases, you may need a bone grafting procedure before we proceed.
- True. We can use a single tooth option to address a missing tooth, or use several of them to support a bridge, partial, or full denture.
- True. Since they bond with the jawbone (being made of a biocompatible titanium material) the dental implants can act as a new tooth root. With proper care and attention, your new tooth can last for decades and help you maintain a while and healthy smile.
READY TO TRY DENTAL IMPLANTS?
At Mai Dentistry, we address tooth loss with a natural looking and durable tooth replacement option! To learn more about our practice, or to schedule your next appointment, call our Garland, TX office today at (972) 530-0552. For our patients who don’t speak English, our office is fluent in both Spanish and Vietnamese.