Just like you, your little ones need dental care to maintain optimal oral health. Fortunately, we offer children’s dentistry to help keep little smiles bright and healthy. What steps are necessary to safeguard young smiles against the onset of tooth decay and other common oral health issues.
Try Our Quiz on Children’s Dentistry
- True or False: Baby teeth require fillings.
- True or False: Brushing and flossing can keep little smiles healthy.
- True or False: Kids need checkups and cleanings.
- True or False: We can discuss sealants and fluoride.
- True. Many people assume that cavities in baby teeth can be ignored, since these teeth will eventually fall out. However, baby teeth can take several months or even years to fall out, depending on when a cavity forms. An untreated cavity can cause your child significant discomfort and lead to premature tooth loss, a factor in misalignment. Fortunately, we can treat cavities with dental fillings.
- True. Each day, your child needs to brush twice and floss once. For infants, you can clean the teeth with a piece of cloth or gaze. As they grow older and more teeth erupt, you can upgrade to an age-appropriate toothbrush. You may need to help your toddlers and supervise your slightly older kids to ensure they’re cleaning their teeth correctly.
- True. Children and adults alike need to have their teeth examined and cleaning every six months. Otherwise, minor oral health issues can form that eventually threaten the health of their smiles.
- True. We can use fluoride treatments and dental sealants to help safeguard smiles against the onset if tooth decay. Fluoride treatments involve placing a varnish in just a few minutes, and sealants are a plastic coating that cove the hard-to-reach rear molars.
DO YOUR KIDS NEED TREATMENT?
At Vi Mai-Truong, DDS, we can offer preventive and restorative care for children of all ages. For our patients who don’t speak English, our office is fluent in both Spanish and Vietnamese. To schedule an appointment, call our Garland, TX office today at (972) 530-0552.