We understand how important a bright smile is for our patients. In order to remove discoloration, we’re proud to offer a system patients can use from the comfort of their own homes. We can brighten your smile with a set of take-home trays, helping you enjoy beautiful and stain-free teeth.
Try Our Quiz on Our Take-Home Trays
- True or False: Certain foods and drinks can lead to stains.
- True or False: We can create a custom set of trays.
- True or False: We can brighten your smile by multiple shades.
- True or False: We can offer tips on keeping your smile bright.
- True. When you eat foods high in sugar and other starches, plaque buildup can form, which makes the appearance of discoloration more likely. In addition, consuming drinks with dark pigments (coffee, soda, tea, red wine, fruit juice) then stains can form on the surface of the teeth.
- True. We will take impressions of your teeth to create a set of trays, which will fit comfortably. We then prescribe a powerful bleaching gel. The dentist will recommend the amount of time to wear the trays, typically between one and two hours a day.
- True. The total treatment period will depend on the cause and severity of your teeth stains, but typically is about one to two weeks. In many cases, the teeth are brightened by up to eight shades.
- True. In addition to avoiding certain foods and drinks, we also suggest brushing and flossing the teeth every day without exception. You should also take time to have your teeth professionally cleaned every six months. A cleaning can remove plaque completely and brighten your smile. If you have any questions or concerns, then please contact our office today.
INTERESTED IN BONDING AND CONTOURING?
At Vi Mai-Truong, DDS, we can employ cosmetic procedures to improve the beauty and function of your smile. For our patients who don’t speak English, our office is fluent in both Spanish and Vietnamese. To schedule an appointment, call our Garland, TX office today at (972) 530-0552.