Do you feel unhappy with the appearance of your smile? If so, you’re not alone. We frequently see patients interested in improving their smiles’ appearance, whether that means brightening teeth or reshaping them. To improve smiles, we offer an array of cosmetic dental treatments. Should you try cosmetic dentistry?
Try Our Cosmetic Dentistry Quiz
- True or False: Teeth whitening is designed to brighten smiles.
- True or False: Veneers can actually change the tooth’s entire appearance.
- True or False: Bonding is a cost-effective solution for chipped teeth.
- True or False: Contouring reshapes the teeth.
- True. We can send you home with a set of trays and a bleaching gel, which will be worn for about 30 minutes a day over a period of a week to ten days. We can also perform an office-based procedure, using a hydrogen peroxide gel and a curing light to remove stains in a single visit. Both options can help brighten teeth by multiple shades.
- True. A veneers are thin shells of porcelain that is placed onto the front of the teeth, covering the front and sides of them. We can use them to mask stains, close gaps between teeth, correct the appearance of minor misalignment, and even reshape malformed or damaged teeth. They are very lifelike and can blend with your smile seamlessly.
- True. Bonding uses composite resin, the same material we use in fillings, to restore teeth that have been chipped. We can also employ the material to close gaps between teeth or mask discoloration. The resin can be shaded to match your teeth. The entire procedure takes just once visit.
- True. We maybe perform contouring in the same visit as your bonding procedure. Instead of adding composite resin to the tooth, we shave away a small amount of structure to remove surface blemishes or to dull overly pointed teeth.