We all desire a more beautiful smile. However, for some obtaining one may seem unlikely due to multiple esthetic issues, such as problems with the shade or shape of the teeth or unsightly gaps between them. However, we can sometimes address multiple cosmetic complaints without resorting to multiple procedures. What do you know about veneers?
Try Our Porcelain Veneers Quiz
- True or False: They look completely lifelike.
- True or False: We can address multiple cosmetic issues.
- True or False: Placement takes as little as two visits.
- True or False: They are easy to maintain.
- True. Veneers are made from porcelain. We use this material because it can be shaded to match your teeth and offers the same translucent appearance as natural enamel. In addition, the material is stain-resistant and very durable. In fact, we also use it in the fabrication of dental crowns.
- True. We can place a veneer to close gaps between teeth, mask permanent teeth stains, or even correct the appearance of minor misalignment. In addition, they can reshape the teeth, lengthening worn down teeth or correcting the appearance of malformed teeth.
- True. The initial visit involves preparing the teeth by removing a thin layer of enamel. We then take impressions, which aid in the design and fabrication process. When you return for the second visit the doctor checks the fit and make any necessary adjustments. Finally, they are placed with a powerful bonding agent, completely transforming your smile.
- True. You should maintain the same level of care as you would for your natural teeth. You need to brush and floss daily and correctly. In addition, you will need to see the dentist about twice a year for routine dental cleanings. If you have any questions about our porcelain veneers then please contact our office today.