What happens when you chip or crack a tooth? What should you do if your tooth has jagged edges or surface pits? In order to return a tooth to full function and beauty, Mai Dental Care offers the latest in dental bonding and contouring. Your Garland dentist, Dr. Vi Mai, can repair and restore smiles with these innovative dental procedures.
Garland Dental Bonding and Contouring Quiz
1. True or False: Dental bonding repairs damaged teeth.
2. True or False: Dental contouring allows your Garland dentist to reshape teeth.
3. True or False: Bonding can address permanent teeth stains.
4. True or False: Contouring will require strong tooth enamel.
1. True. When a tooth becomes chipped or fractured, you may endure frequent toothaches and an increased risk of tooth decay or infection. With dental bonding, a composite resin will be placed onto the teeth. The material will be shaded to blend seamlessly with your smile. As the material cures, your Garland dentist will sculpt and mold your tooth to optimal strength and appearance.
2. True. With dental contouring, Dr. Mai can reshape your tooth, shaving away pointed teeth and smoothing jagged edges. Dental contouring also addresses teeth with uneven length and removes unsightly pits or grooves in the tooth’s surface.
3. True. In addition to repairing broken or cracked teeth, dental bonding can also mask the appearance of permanent teeth stains. Bonding can be used to close gaps between teeth and reshape damaged or malformed teeth, as well.
4. True. Before undergoing a contouring procedure, your Garland dentist will first x-ray your teeth. She can then assess the strength of your enamel to ensure your tooth can receive contouring. Otherwise, Dr. Mai may recommend another cosmetic solution, such as porcelain veneers.
About Dr. Vi Mai:
Dr. Vi Mai and the caring staff at Mai Dentistry are dedicated to ensuring that our patients are proud of their beautiful, healthy smiles. With years of experience in general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry, we can expertly diagnose and treat early dental trouble to preserve your natural tooth structure. To schedule an appointment, then call us today at (972) 530-0552.