The average person enjoys eating a banana and promptly throws away the peel because without the fruit, the peel is essentially useless. However, this common misconception is actually very untrue. In fact, banana peels provide a number of benefits for everyday use.
Dr. Vi Truong-Mai, your Garland, TX dentist, provides this fun and informative article about the many uses of banana peels.
Banana Peels Have Many Health Benefits
- Whiten teeth. For patients who would rather brighten their smiles with natural methods, using a banana peel is surely something to try. By rubbing a banana peel against your teeth daily for roughly 60 seconds at a time, you can remove many surface stains and whiten your smile.
- Alleviate psoriasis. If you’re a psoriasis sufferer, try using banana peels for relief. Simply take the banana peel and rub the affected area. The peel provides moisture to alleviate the associated itchiness. Using this method each day can help cure psoriasis rather quickly.
- Clear acne. Almost everyone has a few pimples here and there from time-to-time. Yet, using acne medicine takes a number of days to work effectively. Instead, your Garland, TX dentist, suggests using a banana peel on your pimples to eliminate their presence. To use this method, massage the banana peel directly onto the pimple everyday and watch it disappear.
- Remove warts. For patients who frequently have warts, banana peels not only eliminate the existing warts, they also ward off the development of new ones. For this treatment, take a banana peel and tie it onto the wart overnight. By the next morning, the wart should no longer pose a problem.
- Reduce wrinkles. You don’t have to keep spending money on those over-the-counter wrinkle reduction serums to improve the appearance of your wrinkles. A natural wrinkle reduction method is to make a mask from mashed banana peels and an egg yolk. Place this mixture on your face and wash it off after five minutes to improve the appearance of your countenance.
Mai Cosmetic and Family Dentistry Provides Excellent Dental Care
If you would like more tips and tricks to maintain your overall and dental health in top-notch shape, talk to Dr. Mai. She can recommend daily tips to ensure your oral health doesn’t become compromised. To schedule an appointment with your Garland, TX dentist, call us at (972) 530-0552. Also, visit our website to view services, print patient forms, and to read more about our team. We look forward to treating patients from Garland, Richardson, Plano, Sachse, Rowlett, and surrounding cities.