When we want to transform a smile, we place lifelike veneers to change the shape and color of the teeth. But what makes these restorations so natural looking? What cosmetic concerns can they address?
Try Our Quiz on Lifelike Porcelain Veneers
- True or False: We need to prepare the teeth receiving them.
- True or False: We use natural looking materials to create them.
- True or False: The restorations address issues with the color and shape of the teeth.
- True or False: Caring for your smile keeps them bright.
- True. We want to make room for them to ensure they look natural and blend with the smile. To do this, we remove a small amount of outer enamel. We then take detailed impressions of the tooth, which will be used in a dental lab to design and create them. The patient then returns and we attach the veneer using a powerful bonding agent.
- True. They will be made from porcelain, which is a durable material that can also mimic the translucent nature of tooth enamel. We can also shade the material to match surrounding teeth and porcelain also contains stain-resistant materials.
- True. Since the restoration covers the front and sides of the tooth, we can use it to mask permanent teeth stains, fix minor damage, or reshape malformed teeth. We can also close any gaps between the teeth and even correct the appearance of minor misalignment.
- True. You should continue to brush your teeth twice a day and floss nightly. You should also make time for routine dental cleanings every six months. We will also recommend a follow-up visit two weeks after placement to ensure your gums are adjusting to your new restorations.
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT VENEERS?
At Mai Dentistry, our team offers cosmetic care to help you enjoy a stunning new smile. To learn more about our practice, or to schedule your next appointment, call our Garland, TX office today at (972) 530-0552. For our patients who don’t speak English, our office is fluent in both Spanish and Vietnamese.