Losing a tooth, or more than one, can be embarrassing. In addition, the issue can lead to trouble communicating clearly, difficulty eating, and even lead to jaw joint problems, such as TMJ disorder or bruxism. To improve your quality of life, you need to have your missing teeth replaced. Fortunately, we can do so with dental implants. What do you know about dental implants?
Try Our Quiz on Dental Implants
- True or False: We will need to examine your smile to see if you’re a candidate.
- True or False: The implant acts as a new tooth root.
- True or False: We complete the new tooth with a lifelike restoration.
- True or False: We can also provide fixed dentures.
- True. We will look at your jawbone to ensure enough tissue is available to support your new teeth. If not, a bone grafting procedure may be necessary. We will also look for the presence of gum disease. The advance stage of the disease, known as periodontitis, can lead to implant failure and adult tooth loss.
- True. Once an oral surgeon inserts the implant post surgically, the post bonds with the jawbone through a process known as osseointegration. As a result, the new tooth is as sturdy as a natural tooth root. With proper care, you can expect your new tooth to last for decades, if not a lifetime.
- True. After osseointegration takes place we will placement an abutment that holds a restoration in place. We will create a custom-made crown to blend with your smile and provide a strong and natural looking restoration.
- True. If you have lost multiple teeth, or a majority of them, we can use several implants to anchor a fixed bridge or denture in place.
Ready to Try Dental Implants?
At Vi Mai-Truong, DDS, we can replace your missing teeth with strong and lifelike dental implants. For our patients who don’t speak English, our office is fluent in both Spanish and Vietnamese. To schedule an appointment, call our Garland, TX office today at (972) 530-0552.